1/24 McLaren Senna
A new supercar joins the Tamiya 1/24 Sports Car Series: the McLaren Senna. 2018 was an exciting year for fans of the British auto maker McLaren with the announcement of the Senna at the Geneva Motor Show. Fittingly for a car upon which the name of legendary driver Ayrton Senna is bestowed, it features cutting edge design across the car exemplified by extensive carbon fiber sections on the body, which is designed for impeccable aerodynamics and cooling.
Power is provided by an 800hp 4-liter V8 twin turbo engine. With only 500 produced, the McLaren Senna is hot property indeed.
• This is a 1/24 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 198mm, width: 91mm, height: 60mm.
• The sleek aerodynamic body’s form is captured in style. Uniquely, it is composed of a single monocoque part onto which body panels are attached individually, allowing a highly realistic depiction of the car.
• Parts are designed to be assembled into blocks of the same color, streamlining the painting process.
• Features a realistic depiction of the V8 twin turbo engine and visible sections of the complex surrounding engineering.
• The model can be assembled as European, U.S. or Japanese spec.
• Separate parts for brake calipers and discs ensure that while the wheels (and brake discs) rotate, the caliper remains stationary for super realism.
• The dashboard can be assembled in the standard roadgoing or streamlined racing positions.
• Metal transfers recreate McLaren logos and more.
See more of the real McLaren Senna on the official Mclaren webpage
1/24 Sports Car Series no.355
Item No: 24355
Sophisticated Super Car
Unleashed on the world at the 2018 Geneva International Motor Show, this super car bears the name of legendary racer Ayrton Senna. Its body features extensive carbon fibre sections, and is designed for impeccable aerodynamics and cooling. Power is provided by an 800PS 4-liter V8 twin turbo engine. With only 500 produced, the McLaren Senna is hot property indeed.
About the Model
- This is a 1/24 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 198mm, width: 91mm, height: 51mm.
- The complex, aerodynamically honed form of this supercar's body is accurately captured.
- Ease of painting is a core theme in the parts breakdown, with window frame sections molded onto the body, separate parts for seat pads, and more.
- Brake discs and calipers are also separate parts, allowing the discs to rotate.
- Features a realistic depiction of the V8 twin turbo engine, without the parts count escalating excessively.
- Front and side radiators are recreated in style, as is the spartan interior. Separate parts recreate door gas struts.
- Choose to depict the dashboard in one of two positions.
- Metal transfers are included to depict the McLaren logo.
- Comes with solid synthetic rubber tires.
- Front wheels are steered.
- Can be assembled in European, U.S. or Japanese spec
- The glorious supercar form with complex aerodynamic themes is captured masterfully for a truly satisfying build.
- There is plenty to admire in the scale depictions of the midship mount V8 engine, subframe and the suspension, too.
- Clear parts for the windows and in the roof do not require cement and slot into the model, removing the need for masking.
- Window and roof parts are slotted into the upper monocoque. Outer pillars, body panels and more are attached separately to the frame.
- Depictions of glass door sections can also be attached without the aid of cement, saving a potentially time-consuming process.
- Brake discs and calipers are entirely separate parts, helping to make the model's paint job a simpler, more streamlined affair.
- Different components are included in the kit for twin or triple exhausts, in addition to US and European spec license plates.
- Choose whether to assemble the model with the futuristic dashboard in either slim (left) or full display mode (right).
Even the pads on the futuristic looking seats are separate parts, helping to make the paint job that little bit easier.
- This model features recreations of the aero blades which are housed inside the air intakes located under the headlights.
- A close-up on the stylish rear wing with swan neck design stays and three-level louvers which are integrated into the bases.
- The underside of the car features an underpanel; the eye will also be drawn toward the dual layer diffuser at the rear.
Tamiya Color paints for painting the 1/24 McLaren Senna
Tamiya Color Spray Paint
- TS-14 Black
- TS-29 Semi gloss black
- TS-42 Light gun metal
- TS-71 Smoke
- TS-73 Clear orange
- TS-74 Clear red
- TS-87 Titanium gold
- TS-88 Titanium silver
Tamiya Color Lacquer Paint
- LP-1 Black
- LP-2 White
- LP-3 Flat black
- LP-4 Flat white
- LP-5 Semi gloss black
- LP-8 Pure yellow
- LP-11 Silver
- LP-20 Light gun meta
- LP-27 German gray
- LP-38 Flat aluminum
- LP-41 Mica blue
- LP-42 Mica red
- LP-45 Racing blue
- LP-52 Clear red
- LP-53 Clear orange
- LP-62 Titanium gold
- LP-63 Titanium silver
- LP-67 Smoke
- LP-74 Flat earth
- X-1 Black
- X-6 Orange
- X-7 Red
- X-10 Gun metal
- X-11 Chrome silver
- X-14 Sky blue
- X-18 Semi gloss black
- XF-1 Flat black
- XF-16 Flat aluminum
- XF-52 Flat earth
- XF-63 German grey